Last minute Christmas shoppers pour into Piedmont businesses
Piedmont procrastinators poured into area malls and shopping centers for the last day for Christmas shopping in the Triad.
Some Greensboro shoppers like Gwen Adamson said they like being a part of the holiday build up to Christmas.
“I have learned that it’s best for me to wait until the last minute because I like to get out in all of the excitement,” she said.
Meanwhile, Winston-Salem shopper Cynthia Jones said she doesn’t like the last minute crowds. But she said a busy work schedule pushed her Christmas shopping to Christmas Eve.
“I don’t like to deal with the crowds,” she said. “That’s why we came early. There’s no real thrill to it”
Analysts are predicting a 2 to 2.5 percent increase in business over last year’s Christmas sales.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k