Woman mispronounces correct ‘Wheel of Fortune’ answer, loses big
A contestant on “Wheel of Fortune” said she is upset after losing big money because she mispronounced her answer – even though she had the right one.
The judges did not accept contestant Renee Durette’s answer of “Seven Swans a Swimming” because she technically pronounced the word “swimming” as “swimmin.”
Host Pat Sajak said he couldn’t accept her answer, and it cost Durette $3,850 she had accumulated.
“That’s kind of how I speak, you know, being from Florida and I asked for the ‘g’ so I knew it was there,” Durette said, according to ABC.
Read more: ABC News.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK