Watch live: Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump set to debate tonight at 9

Officials: 1 injured in Davidson County grill fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Grill stock photo

WELCOME, N.C. — Fire officials say at least one person was injured when a barbecuing grill caught fire Sunday morning in Davidson County.

The Lexington Dispatch reported that the unidentified victim was burned around 5 a.m. near the 2000 block of Hoover Road in Welcome.

“They poured some type of liquid to light the grill, and it flashed,” said Chief Jonathan Sowers of the Welcome Volunteer Fire Department, according to the Dispatch.

The victim’s current condition remains uncertain. No other details were released.

Source: The Lexington Dispatch.