3 arrested after deaf NC man killed during robbery
Aveance Bryant, Davonta Turner and Ashely Owens (Mecklenburg County Jail)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Three teenagers are under arrest after authorities say they stabbed a deaf man during a robbery and left him lying in front yard of a Charlotte home festooned with Christmas decorations.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police say Michael Victor Shull of Conover was killed Friday while walking through a northwest Charlotte neighborhood to pick up his girlfriend. The couple had planned to go look at holiday lights.
Family members said the 21year-old Shull was a recent graduate of the North Carolina School for the Deaf in Morganton who worked at a tire shop.
On Saturday and Sunday, homicide detectives arrested Aveance Bryant, Davonta Turner and Ashely Owens, charging the trio with murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery.
Bryant and Turner are 18. Owens is 19.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault