3 arrested after deaf NC man killed during robbery
Aveance Bryant, Davonta Turner and Ashely Owens (Mecklenburg County Jail)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Three teenagers are under arrest after authorities say they stabbed a deaf man during a robbery and left him lying in front yard of a Charlotte home festooned with Christmas decorations.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police say Michael Victor Shull of Conover was killed Friday while walking through a northwest Charlotte neighborhood to pick up his girlfriend. The couple had planned to go look at holiday lights.
Family members said the 21year-old Shull was a recent graduate of the North Carolina School for the Deaf in Morganton who worked at a tire shop.
On Saturday and Sunday, homicide detectives arrested Aveance Bryant, Davonta Turner and Ashely Owens, charging the trio with murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery.
Bryant and Turner are 18. Owens is 19.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting