Child falls aboard cruise, ship turns back
ORLANDO, Fla. — A cruise ship headed to the Bahamas had to return to port in central Florida after a young child was injured in a fall aboard ship.
Royal Caribbean officials say the 14-month-old from India fell Friday aboard the Monarch of the Seas. The ship left Port Canaveral that day for a Bahamas cruise.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, the child fell from one floor to another shortly after leaving Cape Canaveral.
Cruise line officials say the child initially received medical treatment on board the ship but needed to be hospitalized.
The ship turned around and returned to Florida, where the child was taken to a hospital.
No additional information about the child’s injuries was released.
Royal Caribbean officials say Monarch of the Seas is sailing a three-night itinerary to CocoCay and Nassau, Bahamas.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Faces of Meth
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave