Textile manufacturer to add 37 jobs in Surry County
RALEIGH – Gov. Bev Perdue today announced that Willow Tex LLC, a textile manufacturer and distributor, will locate a new facility in Surry County.
The company plans to create 37 jobs and invest $6.1 million during the next three years in Mount Airy.
The project was made possible in part by a $130,000 grant from the One North Carolina Fund.
Salaries will vary by job function, but the average annual wage for the new jobs will be $56,041 plus benefits. The Surry County average annual wage is $29,484
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave