Textile manufacturer to add 37 jobs in Surry County
RALEIGH – Gov. Bev Perdue today announced that Willow Tex LLC, a textile manufacturer and distributor, will locate a new facility in Surry County.
The company plans to create 37 jobs and invest $6.1 million during the next three years in Mount Airy.
The project was made possible in part by a $130,000 grant from the One North Carolina Fund.
Salaries will vary by job function, but the average annual wage for the new jobs will be $56,041 plus benefits. The Surry County average annual wage is $29,484
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting