Griffin fined $10,000 by NFL for wearing Adidas
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III has been fined $10,000 by the NFL for wearing Adidas at his postgame news conference Sunday.
The NFL on Wednesday confirmed the fine for “unauthorized apparel.”
Griffin was inactive for the game because of a sprained knee, and he wore an Adidas T-shirt and sweat jacket when he addressed reporters afterward. Griffin has a sponsorship deal with Adidas, but the league has a deal with Nike.
It’s the second time this season Griffin has been rebuked for his attire, but it’s his first time he’s been fined. He covered up the Nike swoosh on his official team warm-up shirt before the regular opener against the New Orleans Saints.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting