Police: 16-year-old had gun in truck at Thomasville school
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Police say a 16-year-old was arrested Tuesday after they found a handgun in a truck he was driving at a private school in Thomasville.
According to police, officers were responding to a call regarding two reckless drivers when they found the suspect vehicles — a pickup truck and a Chevrolet Camaro — at New Hope Christian Academy, located at 501 Biggs Ave.
Police say the officers then discovered a .22-caliber handgun was hidden in the truck’s console.
As a result, a 16-year-old was charged with possession of a firearm on educational property and possession of a firearm by a minor.
The suspect was taken to the Davidson County Jail where he posted a $2,500 bond.
No other details about the incident were provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child