Kernersville police: Asian Spa workers performed sex acts for money
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Police say three women were arrested this week under allegations that sex acts were being performed for money at a Kernersville business.
In a news release, police said they took three suspects into custody on Tuesday after a search of the business, which operated under the name Asian Spa at 210-B Century Blvd.
Police say the search was part of an investigation concerning “the performance of alleged sexual acts for money by employees of the business.”
The suspects were identified as Angel Liu, 48, Xie Xiangyu, 57, and Piao Yinji, 52.
All three suspects are charged with maintaining a place of prostitution — a misdemeanor.
The suspects were each jailed in the Forsyth County Detention Center under $2,000 secured bonds. Court appearances have been set for Jan. 23.
Police said the investigation is ongoing.
No other information was provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it