Annual HBCU Combine & Showcase prepares players for possible professional football career
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Some of the all time NFL great football players came from the smaller colleges.
Walter Payton went to Jackson State.
Jerry Rice went to Mississippi Valley State.
They beat the odds because sometimes it’s tough when you don’t get the exposure of the big leagues.
Standout players from the country’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) were invited to show their skills at the third Annual HBCU & Small College Pro Showcase at Proehlific Park in Greensboro.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault