‘Eagle tries to snatch kid’ video is fake, animation studio confirms
You have likely seen the video circulating online that allegedly shows a Canadian toddler being snatched by an eagle while playing in a park near Montreal.
The video went viral late Tuesday and has spread like wildfire on social media.
However, the video prompted many to wonder if it was real or a hoax.
If you haven’t seen the video yet, you can watch it below. Warning: There is one expletive in the video at around :15.
On Wednesday afternoon, a Toronto animation studio claimed the video and confirmed it was fake.
In a blog post, the Centre NAD writes:
“Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated into the film afterwards.”
The studio is known for its hoaxes, including video of a penguin that had escaped the Montreal Biodome.
The goal of such projects is “to produce creative projects according to industry production and quality standards while developing team work skills.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants