Man dies in crash on I-85 in Archdale
ARCHDALE, N.C. — Police say a man died Monday afternoon in a crash on Interstate 85 in Archdale.
According to police, the crash was reported shortly after 3 p.m. on I-85 North past the U.S. 311 bridge.
Police say a Ford Escort was stopped in the far-outside travel lane of the interstate when it was struck from behind by a Ford F-150.
The driver of the Escort, who was standing outside of the vehicle, died as a result of the collision, police said.
His name is being withheld until authorities have notified family members.
Police said it is not yet clear why the driver of the Escort was stopped and standing in the travel lane.
Officers are still investigating the crash.
No other details were provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k