Police: Man arrested after breaking into home in Winston-Salem
Devon Maurice Ruth, 18, of Winston-Salem.
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police said a man was arrested after he broke into a home and was caught hiding in a crawl space Sunday morning in Winston-Salem.
Devon Maurice Ruth, 18, of Winston-Salem, was charged after police said a neighbor saw him lurking in the victim’s home in the 3000 block of Spauding Drive around 9:56 a.m.
Police said they found a broken window in the back of the home when they arrived. The suspect was reportedly found in a crawl space underneath the house.
Officials said the 67-year-old male victim was contacted and said nobody was supposed to be at his home.
The relationship between the victim and the suspect remains uncertain. The suspect’s listed address is on Wales Street, about two miles away from the victim’s home.
Ruth was charged with felony breaking and entering and injury to real property. Police said he received a $12,000 secured bond.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave