Marine in NC charged with killing fellow Marine
19-year-old Lance Cpl. Marcus Bo Hunt
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Marine at Camp Lejeune has been charged with murder in the off-base shooting death of a fellow Marine.
Jacksonville Police said 19-year-old Lance Cpl. Marcus Bo Hunt was arrested after another man was found shot in an apartment around 9:45 p.m. Friday.
Authorities say as 21-year-old Randall Buford was shot once in the head. A motive for the killing has not been released.
Military officials say Hunt was a rifleman assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division. Information about Buford’s rank and assignment has not been released.
Hunt is being held in jail without bond. It wasn’t clear if he had an attorney.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants