Deputies: NC man shoots and kills wife, mother-in-law
James Lagrua, 61
MADSION COUNTY, N.C. — Officials said a North Carolina man killed his wife and elderly mother-in-law while their children hid in the basement Friday night in Madison County.
WSOC reported that James Lagrua, 61, was arrested in the death of 58-year-old Stephanie Lagrua and her mother Hilma Barnett.
Deputies said they found the bodies in the kitchen and a bedroom. James Lagrua is also accused of killing the family pet.
Authorities said the couple had no record of domestic violence at the home.
Lagrua was reportedly charged with two counts of murder and cruelty to animals.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview