Two charged with child abuse in Thomasville
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Two people have been charged with child abuse after a 4-year-old girl was found walking alone on a road on Friday afternoon.
Robyn Renee Perras and Donald Ray Perras were arrested after an incident that was reported around 1:45 p.m. on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive near Piney Wood Rd.
Three people stopped and called 911 after seeing the girl walking alone, according to Thomasville police.
The mother left the girl with two other people early Friday morning. Police said the girl left the home when the two people watching her fell asleep.
The suspects were charged after they created and allowed substantial risk of injury, authorities said.
Both have been charged with misdemeanor child abuse.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault