Seven people sent to hospital after Christmas light shock in Brunswick County
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Seven people were taken to the hospital after Christmas decorating turned dangerous in Brunswick County.
Scott Garner with Brunswick County Emergency Services says the people were making a Christmas tree out of lights in front of US Wick and Drain on US 74/76 west of Leland when one of the lines of lights hit the 115,000-volt main power transmission line along the highway.
Garner says one person is in serious condition. The other six suffered minor injuries. The victims range in age from 13 to 53.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k