Seven people sent to hospital after Christmas light shock in Brunswick County
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Seven people were taken to the hospital after Christmas decorating turned dangerous in Brunswick County.
Scott Garner with Brunswick County Emergency Services says the people were making a Christmas tree out of lights in front of US Wick and Drain on US 74/76 west of Leland when one of the lines of lights hit the 115,000-volt main power transmission line along the highway.
Garner says one person is in serious condition. The other six suffered minor injuries. The victims range in age from 13 to 53.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'