Sources: Satterfield will be new Appalachian State football coach
BOONE, N.C. — Scott Satterfield will be the next football coach at Appalachian State.
Satterfield, a former ASU quarterback and long-time assistant for the Mountaineers who returned last season after three years away from the program, will replace Jerry Moore as the program’s coach, ac-cording to sources.
A source said that ASU reached the agreement with Satterfield late Thursday, and, pending approval by the university’s board of trustees today, an announcement could come as early as Friday.
ASU officials announced on Dec. 2 that Moore’s contract would not be renewed. Moore coached the Mountaineers the last 24 seasons.
For more visit Winston-Salem Journal
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train