Pat McCrory to speak with media as swearing in nears
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Gov.-elect Pat McCrory is holding his first news conference since the week he was elected North Carolina’s next chief executive.
The former Charlotte mayor scheduled the meeting with reporters Thursday morning in the state government high-rise in Raleigh where his transition team is camped out. McCrory’s media advisory offered no subject on the news conference.
McCrory unveiled his top transition team leaders at a news conference two days after his Nov. 6 election victory. McCrory has held public events and met individually with reporters since then.
McCrory will get sworn in to office Jan. 5 and hopes to have his Cabinet secretaries and other top leaders all in place before the Legislature convenes Jan. 9. No Cabinet members have yet been announced.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault