Fire causes heavy damage to Lewisville home
LEWISVILLE, N.C. — A fire caused heavy damage to a Forsyth County home on Thursday night.
The fire department was called to the home at 9097 Concord Church Road in Lewisville around 10 p.m.
The home was unoccupied at the time, according to authorities at the scene.
Lewisville Fire Chief Scott Alderman says the family discovered the fire when they returned home.
The fire was caused by a wood stove that was left burning, Alderman said. He said the stove was the family’s only source of heat.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.Submit Your Photo
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'