Greensboro woman undergoes brain surgery while wide awake
GREENSBORO, N.C.— Ingram Bell survived being shot in the head.
Months later she started getting headaches.
Doctors diagnosed her with a brain aneurysm, that was caused by that gunshot—and it was growing.
Before they could operate, Bell got another surprise.
She was pregnant.
Not wanting to harm her baby with anesthesia, her doctors at Wake Forest Baptist Medical took another approach.
Bell was wide awake for it.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault