Greensboro woman undergoes brain surgery while wide awake
GREENSBORO, N.C.— Ingram Bell survived being shot in the head.
Months later she started getting headaches.
Doctors diagnosed her with a brain aneurysm, that was caused by that gunshot—and it was growing.
Before they could operate, Bell got another surprise.
She was pregnant.
Not wanting to harm her baby with anesthesia, her doctors at Wake Forest Baptist Medical took another approach.
Bell was wide awake for it.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK