Fort Bragg soldier killed in hit-and-run
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Fort Bragg authorities say a 20-year-old soldier from Alabama died in a hit-and-run car wreck early Saturday morning.
The Fayetteville Observer reports that Pfc. Richard Powell of Mobile, Ala., was walking along Bragg Boulevard at the time at the time of the wreck around 1:40 a.m.
Abel says a woman stopped at a sobriety checkpoint on Bragg Boulevard has been questioned by Army investigators.
Powell had recently arrived on Fort Bragg and was assigned to the 101st Chemical Company, 82nd Sustainment Brigade.
His decorations include the National Defense Service Medal and Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k