The countdown to 12-12-12
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Wednesday, December 12, 2012 is getting attention.
It’s 12-12-12, the last repeating-number date of our lifetime.
“12-12-12 is just an accident of the way we have our calendar,” says WFU Physics Professor Eric Carlson.
Carlson says there’s no significance in the date’s numerical pattern just we has humans take notice because we like patterns.
“Our brains are really a pattern matching machine that’s what they do.”
Those tying the knot are taking the most interest.
A recent survey by David’s Bridal estimated that 5,000 brides will get married on 12-12-12 compared to just 485 who married Dec. 12, 2011.
“It’s my birthday,” says Nicholas Delp of Stokes County who is turning 12 on 12-12-12. “We knew my birthday was 12-12-12 this year, but I was like wait I’m going to be 12 too.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault