Randleman native wins CBS show ‘The Amazing Race’
Randleman native Brent Ridge and Kilmer-Purcell were named the winners of a $1 million grand prize on the CBS reality TV show “The Amazing Race.”
The Greensboro News & Record reported that the pair won the 21st season of the show, which aired Sunday night.
Contestants on the program battled each other across the world through a series of challenges in countries including China, Russia, Turkey, Indonesia and Bangladesh.
“When I was growing up in the small town of Randleman, exploring the world was really only something you would dream about,” Ridge said, according to the paper.
The paper reported that Ridge is a graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill and of the UNC School of Medicine.
Read more: The Greensboro News & Record.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault