Randleman native wins CBS show ‘The Amazing Race’
Randleman native Brent Ridge and Kilmer-Purcell were named the winners of a $1 million grand prize on the CBS reality TV show “The Amazing Race.”
The Greensboro News & Record reported that the pair won the 21st season of the show, which aired Sunday night.
Contestants on the program battled each other across the world through a series of challenges in countries including China, Russia, Turkey, Indonesia and Bangladesh.
“When I was growing up in the small town of Randleman, exploring the world was really only something you would dream about,” Ridge said, according to the paper.
The paper reported that Ridge is a graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill and of the UNC School of Medicine.
Read more: The Greensboro News & Record.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview