NC deputy charged with secret peeping, indecent liberties with a minor
37-year-old Harold Lamont Fletcher
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina sheriff’s deputy faces two felony sex charges after an investigation by state law enforcement agents.
The New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office said Monday it fired 37-year-old Harold Lamont Fletcher after the State Bureau of Investigation charged him with secret peeping and indecent liberties with a minor.
Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Jerry Brewer said Fletcher was put on paid leave a week ago after the department received a complaint about the deputy. No details were given about the nature of the incidents.
Fletcher was hired in 2007. He is being held on a $15,000 bond.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK