NC deputy charged with secret peeping, indecent liberties with a minor
37-year-old Harold Lamont Fletcher
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina sheriff’s deputy faces two felony sex charges after an investigation by state law enforcement agents.
The New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office said Monday it fired 37-year-old Harold Lamont Fletcher after the State Bureau of Investigation charged him with secret peeping and indecent liberties with a minor.
Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Jerry Brewer said Fletcher was put on paid leave a week ago after the department received a complaint about the deputy. No details were given about the nature of the incidents.
Fletcher was hired in 2007. He is being held on a $15,000 bond.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home