Gastonia man indicted in fatal October crash
Andres E. Alvarez-Salinas
GASTONIA, N.C. (AP) — A Gastonia man has been indicted on a felony death by vehicle charge following a fatal crash.
The Gaston Gazette reports that 25-year-old Andres E. Alvarez-Salinas was indicted last week. He turned himself in to authorities Friday.
Authorities say Alvarez-Salinas was driving his 2007 Toyota early on the morning of October 31 when he crossed the center line, ran off the road and flipped several times.
Twenty-one-year-old Jorge Lopez was ejected through the sunroof and died at the scene. Another passenger was critically injured, while a third passenger was not hurt.
Troopers say the group was coming home from Charlotte and that alcohol and speed both factored into the crash.
Alvarez-Salinas was jailed on $10,000 bond. It wasn’t known if he had an attorney.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants