Gastonia man indicted in fatal October crash
Andres E. Alvarez-Salinas
GASTONIA, N.C. (AP) — A Gastonia man has been indicted on a felony death by vehicle charge following a fatal crash.
The Gaston Gazette reports that 25-year-old Andres E. Alvarez-Salinas was indicted last week. He turned himself in to authorities Friday.
Authorities say Alvarez-Salinas was driving his 2007 Toyota early on the morning of October 31 when he crossed the center line, ran off the road and flipped several times.
Twenty-one-year-old Jorge Lopez was ejected through the sunroof and died at the scene. Another passenger was critically injured, while a third passenger was not hurt.
Troopers say the group was coming home from Charlotte and that alcohol and speed both factored into the crash.
Alvarez-Salinas was jailed on $10,000 bond. It wasn’t known if he had an attorney.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.