61-year-old NC man faces sex charges involving a child
Dewey Roy Stenette, 61, of Newton.
NEWTON, N.C. — Officials said a 61-year-old disabled man from Newton was arrested Monday for sex charges involving a child.
The Hickory Daily Record reported that Dewey Roy Stenette was charged after a year-long investigation involving a then 4-year-old girl.
Investigators said they were able to connect forensic evidence to the crime. Specific details were not released.
Authorities said Stenette was placed in the Catawba County Detention Center under a $75,000 secured bond and has court planned for Friday.
Read more: The Hickory Daily Record.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave