Popular park plans expansion
BURLINGTON, N.C. —Visitors to Burlington’s Cedarock Park say they want more horse trails, kayak access and a disc golf course.
The expansion of the 414 acre park by 80 acres will hopefully meet visitors needs.
A larger Cedarock Park would have 8 miles of horse trails, tent camping sites, more access to Rock Creek and a play area for children.
Officials with the Alamance County Recreation and Parks Department will pay for the expansion with state grants, as well as corporate and private donations.
The Recreation and Parks Department is about $180,000 short of the half million dollars needed for the land purchase.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview