Popular park plans expansion
BURLINGTON, N.C. —Visitors to Burlington’s Cedarock Park say they want more horse trails, kayak access and a disc golf course.
The expansion of the 414 acre park by 80 acres will hopefully meet visitors needs.
A larger Cedarock Park would have 8 miles of horse trails, tent camping sites, more access to Rock Creek and a play area for children.
Officials with the Alamance County Recreation and Parks Department will pay for the expansion with state grants, as well as corporate and private donations.
The Recreation and Parks Department is about $180,000 short of the half million dollars needed for the land purchase.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault