Popular park plans expansion
BURLINGTON, N.C. —Visitors to Burlington’s Cedarock Park say they want more horse trails, kayak access and a disc golf course.
The expansion of the 414 acre park by 80 acres will hopefully meet visitors needs.
A larger Cedarock Park would have 8 miles of horse trails, tent camping sites, more access to Rock Creek and a play area for children.
Officials with the Alamance County Recreation and Parks Department will pay for the expansion with state grants, as well as corporate and private donations.
The Recreation and Parks Department is about $180,000 short of the half million dollars needed for the land purchase.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK