Police: Burlington man took young children, dropped them off on street
Detarrio Antwann Yarbor, 32, of Burlington. (Burlington PD)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — A man accused of assaulting his girlfriend and taking her children from a Burlington Walmart is now facing more charges.
Police said that Detarrio Antwann Yarbor, 32, took the children – ages 5, 4, and 4 months – from the Walmart at 3141 Garden Road around midnight Saturday.
Officials originally said that he then dropped them off at a family member’s home. Authorities are now saying he left them on Queen Ann St near Cleveland Ave. in Burlington between 3:30 and 4:30 a.m.
Yarbor was charged with three counts of child abduction and one count each of assault on a female and assault on a child under 12.
An Amber Alert was issued and Yarbor was arrested by authorities in Rowan County on Saturday.
Deputies said Yarbor was given an additional $250,000 bond for leaving the children on the street. He was originally placed in the Rowan County Jail under a $50,000 secured bond.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting