Fayetteville man drowns in Jordan Lake
PITTSBORO, N.C. (AP) — A 62-year-old Fayetteville man has drowned in Jordan Lake.
Authorities in Chatham County say that the man was swimming out to get a boat that had drifted away from a dock on Sunday afternoon.
His body was found just after 6 p.m. on Sunday, more than two hours after he slipped under the water.
The man’s name has not been released. County officials said the chill of the 56-degree water may have caused him to lose function in some of his limbs.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault