Deputies: Man arrested after meth lab found near school
YADKIN COUNTY, N.C. — Deputies said a man was arrested after officials found a meth lab in a home near an elementary school Tuesday in Yadkin County.
Glenn Edward Camby, 43, was charged after authorities said they seized material used for making and manufacturing meth at Mill Creek Court in East Bend near Forbush Elementary School.
Deputies said the suspect was wanted in Wright County, Missouri on Felony Drug Warrants. Officials said they started their investigation after receiving information he was staying with his brother.
Officials said Camby was charged with maintaining a drug dwelling, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of precursor chemicals used in methamphetamine production, possession of methamphetamine and possession with intent to manufacture and selling and deliver methamphetamine.
Authorities said he was placed in the Yadkin County Detention Center under a $250,000 secure bond and has court planned for Jan. 30.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants