Denton woman accused of threatening to blow up middle school
DENTON, N.C. — Officials say a woman was arrested after she threatened to “blow up South Davidson Middle School with everyone in it.”
The Lexington Dispatch reported that Valerie Lewis, 32, of Denton, made the threat to the Davidson County Schools’ superintendent’s office by telephone on Thursday.
She has reportedly been charged with communicating threats and felony false report mass violence on educational property.
Authorities say she received a $10,000 unsecured bond and has court planned for Jan. 29.
Read more: The Lexington Dispatch.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it