Deer tossed from Va. interstate overpass slams through big rig’s windshield
VARINA, Va. (WTVR) – A truck driver said a deer was tossed from an overpass along I-295 in Virginia and slammed into his big rig.
According to WTVR, the accident happened around 12:30 a.m. Friday just before exit 22A on I-295, according to a Miami-based trucking company.
A representative from that company told WTVR one of their truck drivers saw someone on top of the Buffin Road overpass toss a deer, with a rope tied around its neck, off the bridge.
“All I know is that when I came up on the bridge it wasn’t hanging there,” the driver told WTVR Reporter Jake Burns.
“And then I looked up and a deer come over the bridge on a rope swinging at me.”
The driver said his truck slammed into the deer carcass, narrowly missing the driver, he said.
The rope hanging from the bridge and tied around the deer’s neck was severed during the crash. It ended up slapping the truck driver in the face, according to the report.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault