Police: Man in critical condition after Burlington shooting
The 1900 block of Morningside Drive in Burlington (Google Maps)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police say a man is in critical condition after being shot at an apartment Sunday morning in Burlington.
Officials say it happened shortly after 1 a.m. in the 1900 block of Morningside Drive.
Officers said that when they arrived they found 35-year-old Charles Dominic Small with a small gunshot wound to his abdomen from a .38 revolver.
Police say the victim’s girlfriend was with him at the time of the shooting. They did not specifically say how he was shot, but suggest it was accidental.
Authorities say he was taken to Alamance Regional Medical Center.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call Alamance County Crimestoppers at (336) 229-7100.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault