Police identify victim in fatal Winston-Salem shooting
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police are investigating a shooting that officials say left one man dead after an argument Sunday night in Winston-Salem.
Officials say Anthony Rondell Person was shot and killed at his home in the 4900 block of Wanda Way around 5:30 p.m.
Police say the victim was in an argument with several people at the Citgo gas station at 5000 Walkertown Road and three suspects later showed up at his residence.
Authorities say several shots were fired and the suspects fled the area in a gold or silver 4-door vehicle. No other injuries were reported.
Officials say they are looking for suspects. Complete descriptions were not provided.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and an autopsy is pending. Anyone with any information can call the Winston Salem Police Department at 773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at 727-2800.
City officials say this is the eighth homicide for 2012 as compared to 13 during the same time period last year.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave