High Point Regional Health System limits visitation because of flu
(WGHP File Photo)
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP) – High Point Regional Health System is restricting visitation to help deal with the flu.
The High Point Enterprise reported that the hospital is restricting visitation for people under 18 years old to prevent the spread of the influenza virus.
Infection control manager Cherrie Speagle says restriction is for those under 18 because they may have weaker immune systems and come into contact with more people.
The number of doctor visits for flu-like illnesses reached the national baseline in mid-November, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
This is the earliest in the regular season that influenza activity has reached the national baseline level since the 2003-04 season.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home