Gov-elect McCrory promises to remember western NC
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina Gov.-elect Pat McCrory says his first trip out of Raleigh after he is sworn into office next month will be to Asheville.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports the newly-elected Republican governor made the promise Saturday as he celebrated his victory at the annual Charles Taylor holiday dinner at Grove Park Inn.
McCrory promised he would not forget about the western part of the state. He says he will meet with officials and residents in Asheville on Jan. 7 to discuss the city’s water system and other issues. McCrory will be sworn in two days before.
McCrory says he will spend the night at the Governor’s Western Residence during his trip west.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave