NC secret Santa family hands out $100 bills to strangers
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – A family of secret Santas from North Carolina is spreading the Christmas spirit by handing out $100 bills to random strangers in Charlotte.
The Charlotte Observer reported that the family consists of a couple and their daughter.
They reportedly dressed in red capes and handed out $10,000 worth of $100 bills to strangers Tuesday with police assistance.
The paper reported that the unnamed family has been doing this since 2008. They say they hope to bring joy to others.
“We can’t change somebody’s life, but we can give them hope,” the mother said, according to the paper. “We can inspire other people to do nice things.”
The family says they are inspired by the late Missouri businessman Larry Stewart, who would hand out cash to strangers during the holiday season.
Read more: The Charlotte Observer.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview