NC secret Santa family hands out $100 bills to strangers
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – A family of secret Santas from North Carolina is spreading the Christmas spirit by handing out $100 bills to random strangers in Charlotte.
The Charlotte Observer reported that the family consists of a couple and their daughter.
They reportedly dressed in red capes and handed out $10,000 worth of $100 bills to strangers Tuesday with police assistance.
The paper reported that the unnamed family has been doing this since 2008. They say they hope to bring joy to others.
“We can’t change somebody’s life, but we can give them hope,” the mother said, according to the paper. “We can inspire other people to do nice things.”
The family says they are inspired by the late Missouri businessman Larry Stewart, who would hand out cash to strangers during the holiday season.
Read more: The Charlotte Observer.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child