Cowboys’ Josh Brent arrested after crash kills teammate Jerry Brown
Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent. (AP photo)
IRVING, Texas (AP) — Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent is facing an intoxication manslaughter charge after a one-vehicle accident that killed linebacker Jerry Brown, a member of the team’s practice squad.
Irving police spokesman John Argumaniz said the accident happened about 2:20 a.m. Saturday in the Dallas suburb. Argumaniz says Brent was speeding when the vehicle hit a curb and flipped at least once.
Argumaniz says Brown was found unresponsive at the scene and pronounced dead at a hospital.
The police spokesman says officers conducted a field sobriety test on Brent and arrested him. The charge was upgraded after Brown was pronounced dead.
The Cowboys didn’t immediately respond to an email request for comment.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave