Burlington man accused of assaulting girlfriend, taking her children
Detarrio Antwann Yarbor, 32, of Burlington. (Burlington PD)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police say a man was arrested after he assaulted his girlfriend and took her three children late Friday at a Burlington Walmart.
Detarrio Antwann Yarbor, 32, of Burlington, was charged with three counts of child abduction and one count each of assault on a female and assault on a child under 12.
Police say they were called to the Walmart at 3141 Garden Road just before midnight Saturday. The suspect allegedly took the children – ages 5, 4, and 4 months – before officers arrived.
An Amber Alert was issued and Yarbor was arrested by authorities in Rowan County. He allegedly told them that the children were dropped off to a family member in Burlington.
Police say the children were found safe at a home on Queen Ann Street. Officials say the adult female victim received minor injuries.
Officials say Yarbor was placed in the Rowan County Jail under a $50,000 secured bond.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call the Burlington Police Department at 336-229-3500 or Alamance County CrimeStoppers at 336-229-7100.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave