Teen accused of calling in bomb threat at McMichael High School
Travon Christopher Wilson (Mugshot provided by, Rockingham County Sheriff's Office)
MAYODAN, N.C. — Deputies in Rockingham County say they’ve charged a 17-year-old in connection with a bomb threat that targeted McMichael High School.
According to deputies, Travon Christopher Wilson was arrested Monday.
Deputies say the bomb threat was called in on Tuesday, Nov. 27.
Students were “swiftly evacuated from the school after receiving the threat,” deputies said in a news release.
No explosives were found during a “detailed search of the school,” deputies said.
The suspect was placed in the Rockingham County Jail under a $10,000 secured bond. He has a court date set for Dec. 18.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK