Teen accused of calling in bomb threat at McMichael High School
Travon Christopher Wilson (Mugshot provided by, Rockingham County Sheriff's Office)
MAYODAN, N.C. — Deputies in Rockingham County say they’ve charged a 17-year-old in connection with a bomb threat that targeted McMichael High School.
According to deputies, Travon Christopher Wilson was arrested Monday.
Deputies say the bomb threat was called in on Tuesday, Nov. 27.
Students were “swiftly evacuated from the school after receiving the threat,” deputies said in a news release.
No explosives were found during a “detailed search of the school,” deputies said.
The suspect was placed in the Rockingham County Jail under a $10,000 secured bond. He has a court date set for Dec. 18.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'