Man accused of trying to steal Gastonia police car
GASTONIA, N.C. (AP) — A man has been accused of trying to steal a police car at a Gastonia strip club.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jason Eric Tate has been charged with resisting police, breaking into a vehicle, attempted vehicle theft and interfering with emergency communications.
A Gastonia officer had been sent to the club around 3 a.m. Wednesday to investigate a vehicle break-in.
Police say Tate spoke on the car radio, telling a dispatcher he was trying to have a good time.
It was unclear if Tate has an attorney.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home