Man accused of trying to steal Gastonia police car
GASTONIA, N.C. (AP) — A man has been accused of trying to steal a police car at a Gastonia strip club.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jason Eric Tate has been charged with resisting police, breaking into a vehicle, attempted vehicle theft and interfering with emergency communications.
A Gastonia officer had been sent to the club around 3 a.m. Wednesday to investigate a vehicle break-in.
Police say Tate spoke on the car radio, telling a dispatcher he was trying to have a good time.
It was unclear if Tate has an attorney.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'