Maine mall sacks Santa after rudeness complaints
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A mall in Maine has sacked Santa Claus after children and parents complained he was rude, grumpy and wouldn’t even let one child sit on his lap.
Officials at the Maine Mall in South Portland say they’re looking for a jollier Santa and hope to have him in place Thursday.
Jessica Mailhiot and her 6-year-old daughter, Chantel, went to see Santa this week. They tell WGME-TV ( http://bit.ly/RpPkak ) he was rude and wouldn’t let the girl sit on his lap when they said they didn’t want to buy a $20 photo.
Chantel says when she asked Santa for an American Girl doll, he replied she’d get an “American football.”
When the mom posted her story online, others shared similar experiences.
The station contacted the Santa, but he didn’t want to comment.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'