Maine mall sacks Santa after rudeness complaints
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A mall in Maine has sacked Santa Claus after children and parents complained he was rude, grumpy and wouldn’t even let one child sit on his lap.
Officials at the Maine Mall in South Portland say they’re looking for a jollier Santa and hope to have him in place Thursday.
Jessica Mailhiot and her 6-year-old daughter, Chantel, went to see Santa this week. They tell WGME-TV ( http://bit.ly/RpPkak ) he was rude and wouldn’t let the girl sit on his lap when they said they didn’t want to buy a $20 photo.
Chantel says when she asked Santa for an American Girl doll, he replied she’d get an “American football.”
When the mom posted her story online, others shared similar experiences.
The station contacted the Santa, but he didn’t want to comment.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k