Hayes-Taylor YMCA more than halfway to $11.1M goal for new facility
GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Hayes-Taylor YMCA is more than halfway to its $11.1 million goal to open a new facility in Southeast Greensboro.
On Thursday morning, YMCA President and CEO Greg Jones said $7.5 million had been raised so far.
At a 10 a.m. press conference, the Y is laying out details about the new building and project timeline. It is also recognizing donors like The Joseph M. Bryan Foundation, The Cemala Foundation and Lorilliard.
The new facility will be located in Barber Park off the Gateway University Research Park.
The former Hayes-Taylor YMCA was sold to N.C. A&T State University in October.
In the videos above, Nicole Ferguson talks with YMCA leaders about the anticipated groundbreaking set for the fall of 2013.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview