Hayes-Taylor YMCA more than halfway to $11.1M goal for new facility
GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Hayes-Taylor YMCA is more than halfway to its $11.1 million goal to open a new facility in Southeast Greensboro.
On Thursday morning, YMCA President and CEO Greg Jones said $7.5 million had been raised so far.
At a 10 a.m. press conference, the Y is laying out details about the new building and project timeline. It is also recognizing donors like The Joseph M. Bryan Foundation, The Cemala Foundation and Lorilliard.
The new facility will be located in Barber Park off the Gateway University Research Park.
The former Hayes-Taylor YMCA was sold to N.C. A&T State University in October.
In the videos above, Nicole Ferguson talks with YMCA leaders about the anticipated groundbreaking set for the fall of 2013.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child