Burlington woman robbed after men ask for directions
BURLINGTON, N.C. — A woman told Burlington police she was robbed Wednesday afternoon by three men while trying to give them directions.
The woman told officers she was approached by three men in an older four-door blue sedan in the 300 block of Maple Avenue.
The woman said the driver of the car asked for directions to Trade Street and she told them to follow her in her car.
Near the intersection of North Main and Trade streets, the woman stopped and the driver of the car that was following her motioned for her to step back to his vehicle.
The woman did so, and the driver pulled a black handgun on her and demanded money.
She gave the man her cash and the suspects fled, last seen turning off Trade Street onto Worth Street.
Read more at The Burlington Times-News
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave