65 NC counties in moderate drought
RALEIGH, N.C. — 65 counties in North Carolina are now in a moderate drought.
The state’s drought monitor map:
You can see every county in our area is in a moderate drought, while the rest of the state is either abnormally dry or not in a state of drought at all.
Fall is normally one of the driest seasons.
In 7 of the last 10 years, North Carolina has had some type of drought during the fall.
For more information visit: http://www.ncdrought.org/
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home