Police: NY man shoots girlfriend in argument over TV show
Jared M. Gurman, 26, of Long Island.
WILLISTON PARK, N.Y. — Police say an argument over the TV show “The Walking Dead” led a man to shoot his girlfriend in the back.
Jared Gurman of Williston Park, on Long Island, was ordered held without bail Tuesday. He is charged with attempted murder.
Police say Gurman fired one shot from a .22 caliber rifle. Officers say the bullet pierced the unidentified woman’s lung and diaphragm and shattered her ribs.
Gurman took her to a hospital.
Police said the two were arguing about the show that features zombies in a post-apocalyptic world.
Gurman’s attorney said the rifle went off accidentally.
The attorney, Edward L. Lieberman, declined to comment about specifics of the argument.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old