Give A Kid A Coat receives $5,000 in monetary donations
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The High Point Bank on Wednesday morning stopped by the FOX8 Studios to present a check to The Salvation Army for the Give A Kid A Coat campaign.
This year, the annual campaign netted more than 20,000 coats for families in need. The coats are being cleaned by A Cleaner World before The Salvation Army sorts them for distribution.
Monetary donations were also accepted at High Point Bank branches. Nearly $5,000 was raised from the community. High Point Bank contributed extra funds to round the contributions up to an even $5,000.
The donations will be used to purchase additional coats.
The check presentation can be viewed in the video above.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault