Florida man leaves pit bull to babysit infant child
PALM COAST, Fla. (CBS Tampa) - A local man is facing child neglect charges after he reportedly left an infant in the care of a pit bull while he went out to drink.
The mother of the 10-month old left her child in the care of 41-year-old James Irvine, WESH is reporting. However, Irvine soon abandoned the child to go out drinking.
He allegedly told her that, though he had been at a bar, he did not leave the child alone – rather, it was in the care of a pit bull.
According to reports, the dog was seated outside the room where the child was left. The door was shut, and the child was allegedly crying, WESH additionally learned.
Read more at CBS Tampa
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview