Father outraged over explicit holiday catalog
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Greensboro father said Urban Outfitters Holiday catalog has gone too far with its explicit words and alcohol paraphernalia on its products.
John Ellington was sent the latest catalog on Tuesday in the mail, and said was glad he opened the pages before his 13 and 15 year-old son and daughter.
“You think this is appropriate for a 13-year-old girl? Their marketing scheme is way off,” Ellington said.
“I don’t know who their editor is but they need to find another one.”
Products inside display holiday wrapping paper that reads “Merry Christmas B*****s!” and photo albums saying “Let’s F*****g Reminisce”.
There are even ornaments in the shape of marijuana leaves and beer bottles.
Ellington said the ads display an inappropriate message to young shoppers and has sent a formal complaint about the ad.
Urban Outfitters has not responded to Fox 8′s e-mail and phone call for comment.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants